Planning a gift to WHUT creates a lasting legacy that will allow future generations to continue to be enriched and educated by public television. WHUT has ambitious plans for the future and such gifts help provide the means to turn them into reality.
A bequest to the WHUT may be made as either a specific dollar amount or as a certain percentage of the estate or of another asset.
Ideas of What to Give
- A gift of your securities, including your stocks or bonds, is an easy way for you to make a gift. By making a gift of your appreciated securities, you can avoid paying capital gains tax that would otherwise be due if you sold these assets.
- A gift of your real property (such as your home, vacation property, vacant land, farmland or ranch or commercial property) can make a great gift. If you own appreciated real property, you can avoid paying capital gains tax by making a gift to us.
- A gift of your retirement assets, such as a gift from your IRA, 401k, 403b, pension or other tax deferred plan, is an excellent way to make a gift. By making a gift of your retirement assets, you will help further our work.
- A gift of cash is a simple and easy way for you to make a gift. You will receive a charitable tax deduction that will provide you with savings on this year’s tax return.
- A gift of your life insurance policy is an excellent way to make a gift to us. If your life insurance policy is no longer needed or will no longer benefit your survivors consider making a gift
Ways to Give
- You designate our organization as the beneficiary of your asset by will, trust or beneficiary designation form.
- You transfer your cash or appreciated property to our organization in exchange for our promise to pay you fixed payments (with rates based on your age) for the rest of your life.
- You transfer your cash or appreciated property to fund a charitable remainder unitrust. The trust sells your property tax free and provides you with income for life or a term of years.
- You transfer your cash or appreciated property to fund a charitable remainder annuity trust. The trust sells your property tax free and provides you with fixed income for life or a term of years.
- You fund a trust that makes gifts to us for a number of years. Your family receives the trust remainder at substantial tax savings.
- You give a portion of your property to us to fund a charitable remainder trust, when the property sells you receive cash and income for life.
- We purchase your property for less than fair market value. You receive cash and a charitable deduction for the difference between the market value and purchase price.
- You provide your children with a stream of income while making a gift to charity.
- You give your property to our organization but retain the right to use the property during your life.
- You fund a DAF and make charitable gift recommendations during your lifetime. When you pass away, your children can carry on your legacy of giving.
- There are many combination gift options that can make your giving go farther than a simple gift of cash or property.