- This event has passed.
2020 One Woman One Vote – Student Film Competition
October 9, 2019 @ 8:00 am - December 1, 2019 @ 5:00 pmFree
STUDENT PSA COMPETITION
WHY SHE VOTES
Open to All College and University Students
BE UNIQUE BE BOLD BE CREATIVE
The 2020 ONE WOMAN ONE VOTE STUDENT PSA Film Competition invites student filmmakers to create PSAs that engage their peers to register, and get out the vote in 2020. The Competition is using independent film, video and new media to amplify the message of the power of voting, and excite audiences with a peer-to-peer challenge to vote and make a difference.
We are accepting 30-second PSAs on the theme Why She Votes. Submission due date is December 1, 2019 (11:59 PM ET) using the application found on this link: http://bit.ly/2020OWOVFest_PSA_Form.
WINNING PSAs will
· Be featured prior to 2020 One Woman One Vote Festival events
· Be featured on the 2020owovfest.org website along with the filmmaker’s profile
· Be included in the Festival in a Box collection of films distributed nationwide during the 2020 Centennial of women gaining the right to vote
· Winning PSA filmmakers will receive VIP invitations to 2020 One Woman One Vote Festival events
The Student PSA Film Competition is an extension of the 2020 ONE WOMAN ONE VOTE FESTIVAL, a collaboration of national organizations and cultural institutions presenting films, concerts, exhibitions and public events celebrating the centennial of the 19th amendment and giving a voice to women in our society. Founded by a coalition of women in the film and media industry, the 2020 ONE WOMAN ONE VOTE Festival embraces both history and contemporary issues that make a difference for all women today.
Submission Guidelines & Application, Eligibility Requirements
· All entries must be submitted online no later than December 1, 2019 using the official competition application form
· PSAs should be 30 seconds TRT and explore the theme Why She Votes
· PSAs must be uploaded to a private Vimeo account and password protected. Enter the URL and password into the application form.
· Only completed projects and applications will be accepted.
· Filmmaker must have obtained all clearances for exhibition and must certify that the work is original and no disputes regarding ownership exist on the film.
· All PSAs must be available to screen immediately.
· SD Cards and Thumb Drive Screeners will not be returned.
· PSAs are part of the GOTV initiative of the Festival and should not endorse a political candidate or party.
A PDF with the submission guidelines and requests for winning films (distribution) is available online on the 2020 OWOV Festival Student PSA Competition website page – https://2020owovfest.org/student-psas/
If you have questions about the Student PSA competition, email 2020owovfest.gmail.com. Or leave a voicemail message at (p) 202-780-7054
2020 is just around the corner. Be the power for the next 100 years by using THE VOTE!